Fellowship of the Ancient White Stag is a coven made up of diverse, unique and spiritual members that have found a path to walk with others of like mind for spiritual development and service to their community.
Most of our rituals and classes are open to both members and non-members alike. You don’t have to be a member to enjoy circling with us.
Membership in FAWS and the Assembly of the Sacred Wheel is both a privilege and a responsibility. If you wish to join the coven as a member, you must:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Participate in multiple coven activities within a 6+ month period
- Send a letter of intent, stating your wish to join, to coven leadership.
- Submit to an interview, if your letter is approved by leadership. After the interview, the coven will decide if you may join.
We expect members to:
- Abide by the Assembly code of ethics.
- Uphold and strengthen FAWS and the ASW, and support each other, through clear and honest communication, passion for the work, mutual energetic support, and compassion.
- Participate in the majority of FAWS sabbats and coven-only rituals (approximately 10 rituals per year).
- Invest time and resources in the coven, including a suggested annual donation of $50, which may be waived or decreased in the event of financial hardship.
- Participate in the Assembly’s annual retreat weekend.
- Engage in ongoing learning. The coven and the Assembly offer many learning opportunities every year, and we also encourage members to participate in classes, workshops, and events offered by other spiritual groups.
Ready to learn more?
Check out our upcoming events, and contact us for more information.
A note on discrimination
Fellowship of the Ancient White Stag (FAWS) does not deny membership on the basis of:
- National origin
- Gender identity
- Sexual or romantic orientation
- Marital status
- Economic status
- Personal appearance
- Political affiliation
However, membership may be denied to individuals practicing antagonistic creeds such as sexism, racism, homophobia/transphobia, and other antagonistic creeds as determined by the Assembly. Evidence of abusive or violent behavior, baneful magick, or other dangerous or destructive acts in word or deed may be ground for denial of membership or expulsion.